... had begun to teach the banjo in 1881 and had first met AO Windsor in 1885 whilst trying to find a good banjo of English make to sell to-his pupils.
They did business together for some time before entering into a deed of partnership. It was at this time the firm of Windsor & Taylor started to make open-back banjos.
In January they organised the Birmingham B.M. & G. Orchestra which gave its first public concert in March of that year. These concerts became regular affairs (at which the leading soloists of the day appeared) and the orchestra also visited such places as Coventry, Leamington, Liverpool, London etc. .
In 1901, Taylor left the firm.
Banjos with the logo of "Taylor Liverpool" have been seen but it appear that these are two different makers as the 1911 census shows the former still living in Birmingham.