.. established a wholesale musical instrument business at 31 Aldermanbury, London, EC in the 1880's and subsequently in Pinder Street, Bishopsgate, London. Although they marketed banjos bearing their name as maker they were made by Matthew and Houghton of Birmingham.
They also sold SS Stewart banjos during the 1890's which were stamped on the dowel stick Ball, Beavon & Co London, under the neck clamp, alongside the Stewart label.
In the days of the 7-string banjo, they sold an unfretted instrument with 40 brackets on the hoop and fitted with push in pegs. The firm went out of business during the First World War, probably due to the cessation of supplies and of cheap musical instruments and merchandise from the Continent.
Images courtesy of Jim Leith